Product Development and Customer Service Assistant
Salary: £14,000 to £19,000
PacaPod design and sell innovative and award winning baby changing bags. A dynamic, professional and close-knit team, we work together to deliver the best possible product to our customers. This is your opportunity to join us as we experience a period of growth and development. Our office is based in the centre of Barnstaple.
We are looking for a professional individual with an ability to communicate clearly with suppliers, customers and colleagues at all levels.
You will be organised and efficient in your approach to your work and will demonstrate enthusiasm and flexibility within your role.
Main Purpose of Job: The primary focus of the role is to support both the Production and Customer Service teams. In the first instance, the role is maternity cover.
1. Work with our three warehousing facilities to maintain accurate stock levels.
2. Maintaining of accurate product specification detail via our technical packs (support will be given).
3. Follow Quality Assurance procedures and liaise with suppliers to ensure that standards are met.
4. Photograph products for sale via our eBay outlet.
5. Undertake general office admin duties.
6. Participate in projects or carry out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit but will be of benefit to the company.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
• Good organisational skills with meticulous attention to detail
• Analytical and numerate with good commercial awareness
• Ability to work to deadlines • Reliable IT skills to include Microsoft Office
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
• Educated to a minimum of A-level standard
• Evidence of ability to learn quickly
• A product background
• Experience of working in an office environment
• An interest in the nursery industry
Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; able to successfully deliver messages to have the desired effect.
Enjoys working hard; is action orientated with energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; achieves more in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities. Able to think quickly.
Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is co-operative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
Integrity and Trust
Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Is resilient and remains calm under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted upon to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn't show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
Learns quickly when facing new problems; a versatile learner; open to change; analyses both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
Internal: Managing Director, Operations Manager
External: Suppliers, Customers.
To apply for this position:
Please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org