Hospital/Changing Bag Essentials
It is never too early to pack your hospital bag with the essentials items you will need during labour and birth whether you are planning to have your baby at home, hospital or a birth centre. It is such fun packing all the bits for their arrival from the first outfit and cuddly toy but don’t forget that you will need some items too! We have prepared a check list below and hope we’ve helped you feel a little more prepared for the big day ahead!
Mum to be bag!
- Birth Plan and maternity notes
- Nightdress or tshirt for labour including one for after the birth
- Dressing gown
- Slippers or flip flops
- Massage oil or lotion
- Snacks and drinks to keep your energy levels up
- Things to help you relax – music/fairy lights
- Waterspray/hand held fan
- Comfortable shoes
- Going-home clothes loose and comfortable
- Swimwear if you plan to have a water birth
- Mobile phone and charger
- Maternity pads and spare underwear/disposable knickers
- Arnica cream/tablets
- Nursing bra and breast pads
- Toiletries including toothbrush, lip balm, deodorant and nice bits oh and a hair band for long hair!
- Tens machine (if planning to use one)
- Going home outfit
- 2 or 3 sleepsuits
- Baby blankets
- Nappies – bearing in mind you can go through up to 12 in a day!
- Muslin squares for mopping up milk
- Bottles if you are planning on bottle feeding from the start
- Socks or soft booties
- Car Seat
- Jacket or snowsuit for winter babies
- Wet wipes